Finding Ways to Celebrate Small Business Saturday
November 27, 2021
Ready or not, the holiday season is in full swing, meaning the search for gifts for loved ones has officially begun. This Small Business Saturday, BayFirst encourages those who are kicking off their holiday shopping to consider starting their spree at a small business and helping to provide a much-needed fiscal boost before the end of the year.
There are more than 30 million small businesses in the country, comprising 99.9 percent of all U.S. businesses, according to the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Office of Advocacy. And while small businesses have always served as the backbone of our local and national economies, the past two years have presented many challenges for the vast majority, making our support this holiday season more important than ever before.
Looking for more ways to support your favorite local small business this Small Business Saturday and beyond? BayFirst has you covered.
- Buy now for later. Unsure what to buy for a loved one? Consider purchasing a gift card. The purchase will contribute to the business’s cash flow, ensure future foot traffic, and provide the opportunity for a business to earn a new customer.
- Leave a lot of “likes.” If you are not able to spend this holiday season, there are other ways you can support your favorite small business. Consider leaving some “likes” on its social media channels or sharing its page with your friends and family who may be in search of gift ideas.
- Write a review. In many instances the best way to support a small business is by sharing your positive experience shopping there, which could in turn generate additional foot traffic and purchases from those looking for places to shop.
- Offer your skills. If you’re a social media specialist, accountant, digital marketer or have additional relevant skills, local businesses may welcome your help – especially during a busy holiday season.
- Be kind. Keep in mind that small businesses have endured a difficult year, and many are in search of additional staff. So, be sure to practice kindness while shopping.
Looking for a small business in the Tampa Bay area to support this Small Business Saturday? Please consider a BayFirst client:
- The Broom Closet: Located on Central Ave in St. Petersburg, this small shop offers big style for tiny spaces. From bedding to art, plants to kitchenware, furniture to lighting and more, it’s home to some of the most unique finds in the area.
- Three Dog Bakery: Just down the road from The Broom Closet, you’ll find the paw-fect gift for the four-legged friends in your life. Three Dog Bakery sells the best in dog and cat nutrition, plus toys, wearables, plus fresh and delicious goodies baked daily.
We hope you’ll consider stopping in, showing your support, and helping these (and additional) small businesses thrive this holiday season and well into the New Year. And if you do, tell them we sent you!