Cash Kids Club Provides Summer Fun (and Important Lessons)
June 27, 2022
School’s out for summer, but that doesn’t mean kids need to take the next few months off from learning – especially when it comes to smart money skills!
You’re never too young to benefit from lessons about saving, budgeting and more. So, if you’re looking for fun activities for the kids in your life this summer, look no further than BayFirst’s Cash Kids Club
, designed to teach children ages 12 and under the skills they need to succeed financially.
When your child joins the Club by opening a Cash Kids Club
Account, not only will they get an exclusive and competitive Kids Club rate, but they’ll also get free access to our mobile app
(filled with educational games), invitations to exclusive First Home Bank kids events, and more.
All members receive:
- A competitive interest rate
- Free Tampa Bay Rowdies mini soccer ball
- A cool t-shirt
- Free online banking
- Free app with access to games, educational resources, and more
- And more
And with the kids home from school, now is the perfect time to consider even more ways you can help set them up for financial success, including:
- Taking that piggy bank to the real bank. And explaining the benefits of saving money in an account instead of at home.
- Considering an allowance. It’s important that kids learn the value of hard work.
- Teaching them how you budget. Kids should know the difference between wants and needs
and how to plan for monthly expenses.
- Showing opportunity cost (if we buy this, we can’t buy that). Help your kids weigh decisions and understand the possible outcomes.
- Avoiding impulse buys. Use their next “Can we buy this please” as a teaching opportunity.
- Stressing the importance of giving. Once they start saving, be sure to teach them about giving so they can see the impact.
Help kids establish a foundation for strong financial habits this summer by joining the Cash Kids Club and capitalizing on additional opportunities to teach them the smart money skills they need to succeed. Have questions about your child’s first account? Stop on in
or fill in the form below. We are here to help all year round.